Gail Nicholson, MA, LPC
Personal and Career Counselor
- Are you longing for a sense of direction that means something to you, a sense of purpose in worklife that is compatible with your partner, family and lifestyle?
- Job stress got you curious about your options, but not sure it’s time to leave? Would you like to handle your boss or difficult co-worker better?
- Need a career coach to help you develop leads, get interviews and land a job in today’s competitive marketplace?
- Seeking alternatives to conventional employment, including small business and patchwork careers?
- Wondering if it’s worth it to go back to school? Post-graduation plans unclear?
- Going through a divorce, or experiencing a personal challenge that makes approaching any of these questions more difficult?
- Looking for help for a family member struggling with personal and work issues?
I’m a licensed counselor in private practice with over 25 years experience in counseling, career and life planning, teaching and group facilitation in Portland, Oregon. I offer a blend of personal and career counseling to help people deal with work and life challenges and begin to explore new possibilities. My passion is helping you reach a deeper understanding of who you are and where you belong in the larger community and working world.
My approach to counseling is values-based and client-centered. As your counselor, I offer you a framework for understanding the natural, developmental stages of life and career transition. Together, we can address your barriers to finding meaningful direction, including internal conflicts or relationship concerns.
As a career counselor, I provide in-depth assessments and coaching to help you identify and begin to explore career options that are a good match for you. We then design a job search approach that draws on your strengths and personality. Writing resumes, educational planning, and vocational training are also covered as we take steps to ensure your future satisfaction and success.
I serve as a personal and career counselor to employees and their families through select Employee Assistance Programs. I also serve as a Collaborative Divorce Coach, and work with women to develop a plan for re-entering or enhancing involvement in the workplace after a divorce. As a licensed professional therapist, I follow the ethical guidelines set forth by the Oregon State Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists.
Please call or email me to set up a phone consultation or to schedule your first appointment.